Saturday, April 19, 2008

It is Saturday night and we have televised the first five of the six games of this home stand. There have been some moments in these telecasts that were fairly special, but, oddly enough, the games have all been similar. They have all been well pitched (for the most part), there have been some monstrous home runs, some nice defensive plays have been made, and there have been some key two out hits.
There just hasn’t been much drama.
At certain times during this past week’s games/telecasts, I felt like I was in the movie “Groundhog Day”.
We have covered the games well and the chemistry between the truck and the booth has been exceptional. I sensed a real total team effort during these telecasts and, because of this, the quality of certain “moments” of the show was outstanding. It almost just didn’t seem to matter.
There just hasn’t been much drama.
I tried different shots to break up this sense that everything was too similar and too familiar. Coming back from breaks I started wide on the centerfield camera (camera 4) and pushed to the pitcher/batter shot. I used the mid third base camera (camera 3) to frame the runner on first with the pitcher also in the shot hoping to get a different angle of the runner’s “jump”. We already capture the “jump” from the robotic cam (camera 7) which is located on the back stop, but in an effort to escape from “Groundhog Day” I tried to change things up a bit.
There just hasn’t been much drama.
The final telecast of this home stand is tomorrow and then we depart on the road for a two-city four-game trip.
I hope the upcoming games provide our crew with plays, action, and drama as rare as this trip.
I must escape “Groundhog Day”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home